Call us on 020 8838 1500
Best Way to Clean and Care Leather Furniture
Best way to clean your leather office furniture!
Leather office furniture requires specific care. You can use several different products made explicitly to clean leather which you can easily find in your local market. If you clean, maintain and use the right cleaning products, your leather office chair remains in clean and good condition for a long time.
Leather furniture, such as sofas and chairs are favourite office items, but few people know about leather care. Do not use heavy-duty office cleaners; the leather could become worn or bobbled.
- First, sweep your leather furniture with a vacuum cleaner using a soft brush attachment, using as low pressure as possible. Clean the dirt out of all the corners and crevices otherwise, the dust and grime could be rubbed into the sofa in the second step, when you wipe it. Dust particles are abrasive. When came in contact with a dump cloth leftover dust can damage the leather so vacuuming step is crucial.
Mix white vinegar and water, equal amounts from each to create a home-made cleaning solution to clean leather products. If you have a commercial leather cleaner, you can mix a few drops of it with a bucket of water instead of homemade version.
- Use a soft cloth (a microfiber cloth is the best) and dip it in this solution. Be sure the cloth is damp, not thoroughly wet.
- Wipe the entire leather furniture with this soft cloth. Rinse the rag in the cleaning solution when needed. Start cleaning from the top and continue cleaning your way down.
- After you finish cleaning the leather furniture, dry the leather office chair with a clean, dry towel. Never use a blow dryer as it is likely to dehydrate the leather. Leather needs to be hydrated.
- You should keep the leather hydrated you, so the last step is conditioning. This time we will add linseed or flaxseed oil into a clean vinegar-water mix. Using a soft and clean cloth, apply this mixture on the leather furniture in wide, circular motions. Don't use the furniture for 12 hours.
- To restore leather furniture's shine buff it with a clean rag.