Health & Safety
Park Royal Office Furniture is based in Park Royal West London. Its core business is the supply and hire of new and used office furniture. Further services include surplus clearance and recycling of office furniture and equipment. It is integral to the success of the business that we provide a safe working environment for all our employees and visitors. Our policy is designed and supported by resources in relation to achieving certification of OHSAS 18001:1999 and will be updated in line with operational changes.Our Statement of general policy is:
- To comply with the Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities;
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety:
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment;
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances;
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for employees;
- To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training;
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health;
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions; and
- To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
Park Royal Office Furniture is based in Park Royal West London. Its core business is the supply and hire of new and used office furniture. Further services include surplus clearance and recycling of office furniture and equipment. It is integral to the success of the business that waste sent to landfill is minimised and that new markets are found for commodities that would previously be classed as ‘waste’. We therefore embrace any new outlets and/or working practice that allows us to profitably divert waste from landfill.We at Park Royal Office Furniture are committed to:
- Complying with all legislation and regulatory requirements that pertains to a Company of our size and operating in the furniture reuse industry.
- Complying with and working towards certification of ISO14001:2004
- Continual review of working practices and equipment employed in the office recycling processes to reduce usage of non-renewable resources, predominantly vehicle fuel and electricity.
- Communication internally and externally of our objectives and our progress towards attaining them to demonstrate our continual improvement.
- Working with staff, customers, suppliers and outside agencies to promote an awareness of our Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Continual environmental improvement and the prevention of pollution through the Environmental Management System.
Park Royal Office Furniture is based in Park Royal West London. Its core business is the supply and hire of new and used office furniture. Further services include surplus clearance and reuse of office furniture and equipment. The purpose of this policy is to provide diversity and equality to all in employment, irrespective of their gender, race, ethnic origin, disability, age, nationality, national origin, sexuality, religion or belief, marital status and social class. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. All employees, whether part time, full time or temporary, will be treated fairly and equally. Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.Our commitment:
- Every employee is entitled to a working environment which promotes dignity and respect to all.
- No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- The commitment to diversity and equality in the workplace is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
- Breaches of our diversity and equality policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
- The policy will be monitored and reviewed annually.
- The policy will be implemented and monitored through our Integrated Management System.
- This is subject to external auditing and assessment.
- This policy will be implemented within the framework of the relevant legislation, which includes:
- Equal Pay Act 1970 (Equal Value Amendment 1984)
- Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
- Sex Discrimination Act 1975 (Gender Reassignment Regulations 1999)
- Race Relations Act 1976
- Disability Discrimination Act 1995
- The Protection from Harassment Act 1997
- Race Relations (Amendment) Act 2000
- Race Relations Act 1976 (Amendment) Regulations 2003
- Employment Equality (Sexual Orientation) Regulations 2003
- Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations 2003
- Disability Discrimination Act 2005
- Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006
QualityWe at Park Royal Office Furniture are committed to:
- Ensure that customer requirements are determined and are met with the aim of enhancing customer satisfaction. This is achieved through Integrated Management system (IMS)
- Ensuring that individual roles and responsibilities are defined and understood.
- Providing the necessary resources to achieve the company’s objectives.
- Resources include human resources and specialised skills and training, plant and equipment, technology and financial resources.
- Communicating our policy objectives clearly to all parties including employees, clients, suppliers and sub-contractors and customers.
- Ensuring that our performance is monitored and measured and achievement of company objectives, customer and legal requirements.
- That if we do things wrong, that non-conformity is identified, controlled, corrected and prevented from reoccurrence.
- That we regularly review our performance and seek continual improvement of our activities and systems.
- Embracing continuous improvement through constant vigilance, monitoring and preventative/corrective actions in-line with the ISO 9001:2000 standards.
updated 14 August 2017